Heart Failure and Holidays

First things first lets look at Travel Insurance.

The NHS recommends that all UK citizens travelling to Europe should carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to free or low cost state health care in most European countries. It’s free and you can pick it up from the Post Office or apply for one here .Please read the information carefully.

This is however not a substitute for travel insurance and does not cover lost baggage, cancellations etc etc. Therefore we know how difficult it is to get travel insurance. The first rule we suggest is be up front and honest with insurance companies about your condition. Everybody has heard of nightmares of people having to pay many £10,000?s for medical care because they have failed to mention something about there condition. Also the vast majority of insurance companies won’t touch you if you have any long term condition however we have a list of companies which from feedback from patients via the British Heart Foundation have been accomodating to the needs of Heart Failure patients. Please be aware that everybodys condition is different and therefore the insurance companies opinion as to whether they can insure you will be taken on an individual basis.

Please click here for the link

Enhanced by Zemanta

Tags: , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 at 10:13 am and is filed under Looking after yourself, What you’re not told.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.